CommunityAt Halmann Vella, making a positive contribution to the communities where we work has always played an important role and determined the way we do business. We believe that employees who are more closely connected to their communities are more passionate about the work that they do.
Our community engagement activities vary from promoting local employment and procurement, skills and training for operators to providing learning and employability opportunities for the new generation and mentoring amongst others.
Green PolicySociety at large is becoming more and more environmentally aware. Halmann Vella Group is committed to stay abreast of environment friendly measures and incorporate them in its projects. Halmann Vella Group is committed to safeguard the environment and control the use of resources in manufacturing and related activities through continuous process improvement. As part of our commitment to the “green movement” we maintain a Reduce, Reuse, Recycle policy defining objectives and targets for prevention and reduction of pollution in manufacturing, and related processes to safeguard adverse impact on the environment.
SustainabilityAt Halmann Vella we fully recognise our responsibilities towards good environmental stewardship. In everything we do, we strive to create opportunity for our people, clients and communities while preserving resources; however, we also understand that sustainability is about striking a critical balance between commercial success and responsibility to society and environment.
We carry out our operations and activities in ways that not only protect the Earth’s natural resources, but also offer opportunities for people to realise their potential and improve their quality of life.
In 2014, a 440kWh solar panel system was installed in our Lija factory. This system contributes to an average annual reduction of 52 tons of Co2. In addition to this, another larger installation of 480kWh is being commissioned in our second factory in Hal Far. Systems installed in both our facilities makes it possible to filter and reuse at least 200,000 litres of water per day.
• Meet environmental legislation targets at all levels
• Set best practice standards
• Take into account the impact our decisions will have on future generations
• Encourage staff and contractors associated with our companies to undertake a serious commitment towards sustainability within their respective work areas[/list]
• Develop sustainable procurement procedures across the entire supply chain
• Encourage repair, reuse and recycling wherever possible to minimise waste
• Maximise efficient use of energy and materials
• Create a culture of continual improvement in sustainability performance
• Operate in ways that minimise any adverse impact on local communities[/list]